If you have a rooted device and you haven’t install Xposed Framework on your phone then you are missing a chance to install lots of tweak on your phone. Xposed gives you lots of tweaks to install on your phone, customize your phone the way you want and get features you never had before.
Although Xposed Framework is officially available for Android Lolipop and Marshmallow but it’s not available for Nougat yet. However, we have found a way to install Xposed Framework on Android Nougat 7.0 and you can see the proof below.
This might not work for all the devices out there but if you are lucky enough then it should work for you. This method is tested on ARM device only and it was quite unstable so, use it at your own risk.
Before you proceed, make a backup of all the necessary files and data. You should also back up your ROM using TWRP recovery just in case it stuck in the boot loop.
- A Rooted Device
- A custom recovery installed. Refer this post on how to install TWRP.
Step 1: Find your CUP’s Architecture
In this step, you need to find your phone’s CPU Architecture as Xposed Framework Installer comes in different installer files for different CPU Architecture.
- Download this app Droid Hardware Info from play store.
- Open it and go to system tab and look for CPU Architecture.
- Here you should find the CPU Architecture for your phone ARM or ARM64 or x86.
Step 2: Download Xposed Framework
In order to install Xposed on your device, you need to download two files. The first will be the installer zip file for different CPU and other will be the Xposed App, It also has a uninstaller zip file, if you ever want to uninstall Xposed Framework.
Download the right version of the Xposed installer for your phone. Suppose if you are using a phone with ARM CPU and Android M then download the xposed-v87-sdk23-arm.zip
- Xposed Installer App
- Xposed Uninstaller Zip File
- Xposed For Android Lollipop 5.0
- Xposed For Android Lollipop 5.1
- Xposed For Android Marshmallow
Warning! This is not the official Xposed Framework provided by the original developer rovo89. The official Xposed Framework for Nougat is still under development. We tried to build our own Xposed Framework and this was tested on OnePlus One. This might not work for you and may brick your device. And even if it installs the Xposed may not be stable. However, you can still try your luck, if this does not work for you then wait for the official release.
Note: Try a Xposed-ready ROM for more chances of success. If you get a bootloop, use this uninstaller to unbrick your phone.
After you have downloaded the zip files you can move them to the internal storage of your phone.
Step 3: Installing Xposed Framework
- Make sure you have downloaded and moved the correct zip file to your phone.
- Now reboot your phone into recovery.
- Go to install and choose your zip file.
- Now, swipe to flash the zip in order to install Xposed.
- Once it’s done, you need to reboot your phone.
- After you reboot your phone you need to install the Xposed Installer App.
- That’s it! Now you can install modules and start using Xposed on your phone.
Here we have a poll for you. Choose the right option which closely describes your case. Also, if you know any workarounds or discovered some other ways to make it work on your phone please do share it with us in the comment section.