How To Update Samsung Galaxy S4 To Android 4.4.4(KitKat)
Good news guys ! Now you can update your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 4.4.4 ( KitKat) using BeanStalk Custom ROM which is based on CyanogenMod 11 .
The ROM is tested and is stable . So, now if you are ready let’s begin this process .
- Check your phone model no. It should be Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 . This ROM will not work on any other variants of Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC .
- Backup all your important data like applications , contacts , messages etc. For this you can use an application called Titanium Backup .
- Enable USB Debugging on your android phone.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is above 75% .
- Download all the required files listed in download section.
Update Samsung Galaxy S4 To Android 4.4.4 (KitKat)
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S4 is rooted and flashed with CWM recovery.
- Download BeanStalk Custom ROM and Google Apps from the “downloads required” section.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to PC and transfer BeanStalk Custom ROM and Google Apps to the root folder of your SD Card.
- Now enter the recovery mode on the Galaxy S4 by following the below steps :-
- Turn off the device and wait until the display goes off.
- Press and hold together Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
- Once the phone enters the Recovery mode, you can find a list of installation and data wipe options. Among them choose wipe data/factory reset.. You should use power button to choose and volume buttons to navigate in recovery mode.
- Perform a complete cache wipe on your Galaxy S4 by choosing wipe cache partition.
- Its time to enter the advanced options of ClockWorkMod recovery. Select the advanced options and choose wipe dalvik cache.
- Once you complete all the above steps successfully, you can continue with the installation. Click +++++Go Back+++++ and choose install zip from SD card.
- Now select choose zip from SD card and using volume buttons for navigation and power button to select, choose the previously copied Android 4.4.4 KitKat installation package from SD card.
- Confirm the installation on the next screen and it starts flashing the firmware on Galaxy S4 I9500.
- The process of installation takes some time. Follow the above three steps to install Google apps package on the device. After installation completes, select +++++Go Back+++++ and reboot the device by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The device takes sometime for the first time reboot.
After completing these steps you can party , as your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 is flashed with Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) firmware .
To confirm whether the Android firmware is updated, go to Settings>>About Phone, there you can find the firmware version as Kitkat 4.4.4.
If you face any problems in installing the KitKat firmware , comment below in the comments section and i will be free to help you !