NBA 2K16 is a basketball simulation video game published by 2K Sports. The successor to NBA 2K15. It was released on September 29, 2015 for Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3. A special version of the game was released; it features Michael Jordan on the cover. There are three different covers for the main game, one featuring Anthony Davis, another featuring Stephen Curry and the last featuring James Harden.
By default the game doesn’t allow you to change the controls of your own choice. Here’s how to change controls in NBA 2k16 of your choice.
Change Controls In NBA 2K16
The process is little confusing. However, I will try to explain you as easy as possible with example but before that,
- Download AutoHotKey and install it.
- After you have installed AutoHotKey, Right-Click on your desktop.
- Find “New” in the menu.
- Click “AutoHotkey Script” inside the “New” menu.
- Give the script a new name.
- Find the newly created file on your desktop and Right-Click it.
- Click “Edit Script”. A window should have popped up, probably Notepad.
- Now copy the script below and paste it.
#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases. ; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors. SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability. SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory. NumPad-CODE ;remapping "normal" number keys to make them ;behave like numpad numbers 0::Numpad0 1::Numpad1 2::Numpad2 3::Numpad3 4::Numpad4 5::Numpad5 6::Numpad6 7::Numpad7 8::Numpad8 9::Numpad9 ;using the "Appskey" to turn on/off remapping code Appskey:: Suspend,Toggle return
- Now, here are the default keyboard controls of NBA 2K16
- Now what you have to do is, just put your desired keys and on the “left side” and put the default keyboard controls on the “right side”.
As you can see, default controls
Space is for passing.
Numpad 5 is for shooting
Numpad 3 is for block/reboundNow if you want to assign
E for rebounding
S to shoot
X to passIt will be like
- You don’t have to use the numbers from 0 to 9, just put your desired keys and on the “left side” and put the default keyboard controls on the “right side”.
Let’s say you want to put/map the shoot/steal button to the letter Z:
You need to type:
- Similarly, you can add any new key.
Example: If you want to assign Sprint/run/turbo to the left shift.
You need to type.
- When you are done save the script. Right-click on the script select Run Script.
- You will see green ‘H’ highlighted in the icon tray.
- Play the game.
If you want to edit any controls Right-click on the script and select Run as administrator.
NOTE: NumLock should be ON while using the script.
You can also watch the video.
Thanks to JJPooh of NBA Live forums.
*Link edited no need of password now.
*If your 2k16 is a legit copy disconnect your internet connection first
- Press and hold Windows key + R then Type %appdata% then > 2K Sports > NBA 2K16 > controllers | check if there are some files. If there are delete it then proceed to Step 2 if not then also proceed to step 2.
- Run NBA2k16
- Run the Trainer (Run as Admin)
- Press F7 while on the trainer and go back to NBA 2k16
- Go to Option then Edit your Controls on control configuration
- Save it using Right Click of the mouse then select YES
- without exiting your 2k16 and trainer. Press and hold Windows key + R then type %appdata% then > 2K Sports > NBA 2K16 > controllers | delete the file inside the controllers usually 0000-0000……… JSON File
- Exit the Trainer
- Exit NBA2k16
- Start the NBA2k16 without the trainer and Test if it’s working.
* If you want to edit again your keyboard control start all over again from step 1.*
* Make sure before editing the keyboard control there is no USB gamepad plug-in cause you will encounter blank keyboard control mapping in-game*
You can also watch the video.
Thanks to jozkoz joya