- 1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt PC Requirements
- 2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Save Game Data Location
- 3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Is Crashing
- 4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Can’t Change Controls
- 5. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Crashes When Open Inventory
- 6. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Cut-Scenes Aren’t Playing
- 7. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt HairWorks Performance Fix On AMD Cards
- 8. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Screen Is Frozen Only Audio Is Played
- 9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Stutter
- 10. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt FPS(Frame rate Per Second) Lag
- 11. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Crash To Desktop
- 12. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Stuck On Loading Screen.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt arrived this week. The Witcher 3 requirements is quite high. It is a very demanding in all fronts, CPU and GPU. So you might face some problems.
Some of the most common issues you might face while trying to play the Witcher 3, like Game Crashes, FPS(Frame Rate per Second)Lag, stuttering, can’t change keybindings, screen is frozen etc. Errors are described below and how to fix them.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt PC Requirements
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
- Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
- RAM: 6 GB
- Graphics: NVidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 / AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
- Hard Drive: 35 GB available space
- Processor: Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz / AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics: NVidia GPU GeForce GTX 770 / AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
Make sure your computer hardware and system software can RUN The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
NOTE: The tweaks listed below may help improve your PC’s performance, they will never be able to improve it beyond the limitations of your hardware.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Save Game Data Location
The save game data can be found at Documents\The Witcher 3\gamesaves
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Is Crashing
Overclocking may be one of the reason for game crash. If your GPU or CPU anything is overclocked, set everything back to Stock clocks.
Witcher 3 consumes a lot amount of RAM. Game might be crashing due to less amount of RAM. Make sure you computer meet minimum system requirements i.e minimum of 6 GB RAM. It will be a issue to 6 GB RAM systems. Close all the unnecessary background applications, which are not in use. Disable Antivirus, Geforce Experience and RadeonPro etc.
- Windowed Fullscreen
Set display mode to Windowed Fullscreen in The Witcher 3’s graphics options settings. .
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Can’t Change Controls
There’s no options in the menu to change controls. You can still change controls.
- Go to Documents\The Witcher 3.
- Find “input.settings” file. First copy it somewhere just in case something goes wrong you can replace it later.
- Open “input.settings” file using Notepad. Right click on file > Open as > Notepad.
- Inside you’ll see all of the key bindings.
- like BASE_ATTACK_HEAVY and BASE_ATTACK_LIGHT. Underneath is written something like ‘IK_LeftMouse=(Action=AttackWithAlternateLight)’, for example. To change light attacks from the left mouse button to say, S, you would change the line to IK_S=(Action=AttackWithAlternateLight).
This problem has been fixed in Patch 1.04.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Crashes When Open Inventory
It is much known issue, the problem can be avoided by disabling VSync. If problem persists then run the game in Windowed Mode.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Cut-Scenes Aren’t Playing
Go to the graphics options and set Lighting to Low.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt HairWorks Performance Fix On AMD Cards
AMD improved Witcher 3 performance in AMD catalyst 15.5 Beta Driver
[su_button url=” http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#EF5653″ size=”7″ icon=”icon: arrow-circle-down”]Download[/su_button]
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Screen Is Frozen Only Audio Is Played
Go to the graphics options and set Lighting to Low. This should fix the problem.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Stutter
Check Your CPU Temp
Too much heat is one of a computer’s worst enemies. Heat management is essential to maintaining a healthy computer. If your computer gets too hot, you may encounter errors, slow performance, and unexpected shutdown. One of the most essential components in your PC is the processor (CPU), so you always want to make sure that it is running cool.
You can use Core Temp. Core Temp is a free, yet powerful program to monitor processor temperature and other vital information. You can get it from here. [su_button url=”http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/” target=”blank”]Download[/su_button]
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt FPS(Frame rate Per Second) Lag
Update Your Graphics Card Drivers.
It is recommended you update your Video Graphics Card Drivers in order to avoid conflicts. The most obvious problems with Graphics or Video Cards are computer crashing, freezing or problems with viewing or launching certain graphics and video files or programs. These problems would suggest you need to update your Graphics or Video Card Drivers.
Most common graphics card manufacturers are Nvidia, AMD and Intel.
How To Identity Your Graphic Card
- Open “Run” window (Press Windows Key + R)
- Type dxdiag and then hit Enter.
- Select the Display tab.
The name and manufacturer of your card in the top left corner of the window will be displayed. Now, you know your card name and manufacturer update your drivers from the following links.
Change In-Game Settings
The settings you have in-game have a large effect on your FPS. To access these options press ESC in-game. Then lower your video setting. This will make the game run faster but will reduce the visual quality and textures.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Crash To Desktop
- Go to your Witcher 3 installation directory / bin/x64.
- Look for Galaxy.dll, Delete it.
- Run the game. You will encounter an error message but the game will run.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Stuck On Loading Screen.
- Restart. If that doesn’t work try step 2.
- Uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If that doesn’t work try step 3.
- Start a ‘New Game’ and make sure you turn off the save simulation feature.
[UPDATE: August 07]
The Patch 1.08 is out to all platforms. Overall improvements to performance, including some issues that may have been caused by 1.07. See the complete list of changes and fixes here.
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt next patch will be 1.10 and not 1.09, the update will be really huge says the CD Projekt Red’s Marcin Momot.
All is good in the hood. The thing is that the update is really huge and we don't want to post the list until we're 100% sure everything is in there. Just between me and you guys, there should be some development in this department this week. P.S. it's not called 1.09 anymore, but 1.10.