So finally the new version of the best Android custom recovery is out, the TWRP 3.1.0 and it comes with lots of the features and changes. In my opinion, one of the best features it came with is the ability to backup your data using ADB.
Most of us Android enthusiasts out there likes to flash different ROMs on their devices and before we flash any new ROM we often make a backup of our phone. The only problem I used to face was that my phone never had enough space for the back files. And I wished if there was a way to backup all the data directly to my PC.
Well, now it’s possible to backup your Android to your PC with the new version of TWRP however, the procedure is not as straightforward for most of the people out there. It would be easy for you to make a backup if you are familiar with the ADB commands.
For those who are not familiar with ADB and stuff, worry not because I (dexbyte) made a handy tool the “TWRP Backup & Restore Tool” for you guys. The tool is small in size and gives you all the possible option to make a backup of your phone to your PC.
- TWRP v3.1.0 Recovery
- ADB Drivers
- USB Debugging Enabled
Download TWRP Backup & Restore Tool
How To Use The TWRP Backup Tool
- Download the latest version of TWRP backup Tool and extract it on your desktop.
- In your phone, go to Settings > Developer Options > Debugging
- Enable Android Debugging.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Open TWRP Backup Tool.exe
- On the welcome screen, press any key to continue and you will see a Menu.
- In the Menu, choose the option “7. Boot Into Recovery” by typing the number 7. This will take you to the recovery mode.
- There are 5 ways to backup your phone. If you are not sure about the other options, just choose the first option.
- Type the number “1” for the first option and hit Enter.
- Now it will ask you to give your backup file a name. Type a name or leave blank to give default name. Then hit Enter.
- Now it will ask you if you want to compress the backup file. Type “yes” or “y” to enable compression OR type “no” or “n” if you don’t want to compress your backup file. Hit Enter.
- Now it will start creating a backup file on your phone. You can check the progress on your phone. The backup file will be created in the same folder where you have the TWRP Backup Tool.
- That’s it! Your backup file should be ready in some time.
How To Restore Using The TWRP Backup Tool
- Boot your phone into recovery mode.
- Open the TWRP Backup Tool
- Make sure your Back File is in the same folder as your TWRP Backup Tool.
- In the tool, choose the option “6. Restore” by typing 6. Then Hit Enter.
- Now it will ask you for the Backup File Name. Type the correct file name.
- Hit Enter to confirm.
- Wait for it to finish the restore process.
How To Use TWRP Backup Tool on Mac/Linux
- Extract the folder in the zip on your desktop.
- Open up the Terminal.
- Type “cd “ (with space).
- Drag and drop the TWRP Backup Tool folder to the terminal.
- Press Enter.
- Now Drap and drop the TWRP Backup Tool file to the terminal.
- Press Enter.