After copying Snapchat’s storied feature on Instagram, facebook decided to put the same story like status feature on WhatsApp. However, many people like me don’t like this new feature at all.
If you prefer to use WhatsApp the old way, you find new Status feature very annoying and want to Contacts tab back again (which is also removed with the addition of Story-like Status feature) then you don’t need to worry.
In this tutorial, I will show you how you can get rid of the New Status Feature and remove it completely from your WhatsApp. Although you need to have a rooted Android phone for this method to work.
Easy & Simple Method To Disable Staus Feature
- Make sure your phone is rooted.
- Download this App from Play Store: Preferences Manager
- Go to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp.
- Tap on Force Close and go back to home screen.
- Now, open the app Preferences Manager.
- On the top, tap on search and search for “WhatsApp”.
- Tap on WhatsApp to open.
- Again, on the top, tap on search and search for “status_mode”.
- Then, tap on “status_mode” = 1.
- In the Value field change the value from “1” to “0”.
- Now open your WhasApp again and you the Status Tab will be gone.
Another Simple Method
- Make sure you have a Root Explorer on your phone.
- Make sure you have enabled “/” & “/System” to RW.
- Open your root explorer.
- Go to /data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/com.whatsapp_preferences.xml
- Open com.whatsapp_preferences.xml file with a text editor.
- Look for the line <int name=”status_mode” value=”1″ />
- Change the value from “1” to “0” so it will be like this <int name=”status_mode” value=”0″ />
- Then save the file and exit.
- That’s it!
Disable WhatsApp Status Feature Without Root
- Backup your current WhatsApp Data. Uninstall the WhatsApp.
- Download GBWhatsApp from here.
- Install GBWhatsApp and setup your WhstaApp account (you can also copy your backed up data)
- Once installed, in the WhatsApp home screen, on the top right tap on the three dots for the options.
- Choose and go to, GB Setting > 6 Other Mods.
- Now here, check on 6.8 OLD UI to diable new Status feature.
You can also enjoy the other features of using this GBWhatsApp without having to root your phone.
The root method works on the latest version of the WhatsApp 2.17.82 however, this method might not work in the future version of WhatsApp. If that happens then we will update you with a new method so you can bookmark this page and also subscribe to our YouTube channel for more updates.