OnePlus One came preloaded with the CM12 and it was one of its important features. As CyanogenMod give lots of customization option to your phone and it lets your phone taste the latest and greatest of Android without depending on the OEM.
I have been running CM13 ROM on my OnePlus One from a long time. It really increased the battery life of my phone plus it gave me tons of customization options. After the release of Android 7 Nougat, there was no word if the phone is getting the official CM14 ROM. However, there many developers who released unofficial CM14 ROM and some AOSP ROM.
Just a few days back CynogenMod community has released the CM14.1 ROM for OnePlus One based on latest Android 7.1 Nougat. In this tutorial, I am gonna be showing you how to install the Nightly build of CM14.1 on your phone. However, keep in mind that the ROM has few bugs but other than that everything seems to be working fine.
NOTE: CyanogenMod is dead, Lineage OS is the new CynogenMod. Please install Lineage OS instead of CynogenMod, you can check out How To Install Lineage OS On Any Android Phone – Root & Google Assistant
To Install TWRP Recovery
- First, download TWRP Recovery and Minimal ADB & Fastboot.
- Install the Minimal ADB & Fastboot using the setup.
- Now, navigate to C:\adb. Copy and paste the TWRP Recovery image file here.
- Power off your phone. Press Volume Up + Power Button at the same time to go into Fastboot mode.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
- In your PC, in the directory C:\adb, press Shift + Right Click anywhere in the directory and select Open command windows here.
- Now copy paste this code in the command window
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-bacon
- Next, hit Enter and let it finish the process.
- You have installed the TWRP Recovery!
To Install CM14.1 And GApps
- First, download CM14.1 Zip & GApps Zip (ARM-7.1-nano). Move them to the internal storage on your phone.
- On your Phone, press and hold Power Button + Volume Down Button, release the Power Button when you get OnePlus Logo to enter the Recovery Mode.
- If you running the Official CM13 ROM then, you just go to Install and flash both of the Zip Files.
- If you are running a different ROM, you need to select Wipe and swipe to do a Factory Reset.
- Next, select Install and flash both of the Zip Files one by one.
- Once done, simply reboot your phone. It will take long for the first boot.
To Root CM14.1 ROM
- Go to Setting.
- Scroll down and go to About Phone.
- Scroll down and look for Build Number. Tap 7 times on Build Number to enable Developer Option.
- Now, go back, just above About Phone, open Developer Option.
- Scroll down and look for Root Access.
- Tap on it and choose Apps Only.
- That is it. You will be asked for permission if any app asks for root access. No need to install any other apps like SuperSU etc.
I hope this tutorial helped you, for any question and quires feel free to comment down below and will help you ASAP.