- 1. Requirement:
- 2. Step 1: Find your CUP’s Architecture
- 3. Step 2: Download Xposed Framework
- 4. Step 3: Installing Xposed Framework
If you have a rooted device and you haven’t install Xposed Framework on your phone then you are missing a chance to install lots of tweak on your phone. Xposed gives you lots of tweaks to install on your phone, customize your phone the way you want and get features you never had before.
Until now we have seen lots of unofficial version of Xposed for Nougat and many of the eager ones had tried their luck. Some managed to install it even though it was not stable and some failed. But, here is the good the good news, the official Xposed Framework for Nougat is finally released…phew!
Some things are worth the wait
Before you proceed, make a backup of all the necessary files and data. You should also back up your ROM using TWRP recovery just in case it stuck in the boot loop.
- A Rooted Device
- A custom recovery installed. Refer this post on how to install TWRP.
Step 1: Find your CUP’s Architecture
In this step, you need to find your phone’s CPU Architecture as Xposed Framework Installer comes in different installer files for different CPU Architecture.
- Download this app Droid Hardware Info from play store.
- Open it and go to system tab and look for CPU Architecture.
- Here you should find the CPU Architecture for your phone ARM or ARM64 or x86.
Step 2: Download Xposed Framework
In order to install Xposed on your device, you need to download two files. The first is the installer zip file for CPU Architecture and second is the Xposed App file. There is also has a uninstaller zip file that you can use if you ever want to uninstall Xposed Framework.
Download the right version of the Xposed installer for your phone. Suppose if you are using a phone with ARM CPU and Android M then download the xposed-v87-sdk23-arm.zip
- Xposed Installer App
- Xposed Uninstaller Zip File
- Xposed For Android Lollipop 5.0
- Xposed For Android Lollipop 5.1
- Xposed For Android Marshmallow
Step 3: Installing Xposed Framework
- Make sure you have downloaded and moved the correct zip file to your phone.
- Then reboot your phone into recovery.
- Go to install and choose your zip file.
- Swipe to flash the zip in order to install Xposed.
- Then you need to reboot your phone.
- After you reboot your phone you need to install the Xposed Installer App.
- That’s it! Now you can install modules and start using Xposed on your phone.
Xposed on Samsung, Lg & Sony Devices?
Many users have reported that they have successfully installed the Xposed on their Samsung phones, yet, there is no guarantee that this will work on your Samsung phones. You can it yourself and let us know if it worked for you.
But do make sure that you make a backup and keep the uninstaller zip file along with the main zip file which will help you to uninstall Xposed if the phone stucks in boot loop.
Xposed should work for Lg devices but always keep the uninstaller file while installing to rescue your phone in case of bootloop.
As the developer has stated that Sony has shipped some ROMs with corrupted services.odex which will bootloop with a “Fatal signal 6” or “No pending exception expected: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException” error and it has no fix for now.