Recently OnePlus One received Android Marshmallow update that is Cyanogen OS 13. First, the update was available via OTA and an incremental update zip file. Now the full flashable zip file for Cyanogen OS 13 ZNH0EAS2 is available on Cyanogen. So now you will be able to install fresh Cyanogen OS 13 instead of just upgrading.
I have been using CyanogenMod 13 on my OnePlus One for quite a long time but, even after several updates it was stable and shouldn’t be used as a daily driver ROM. But now when official Android M update is released you can update your phone to Android M without any worry of an unstable or buggy ROM.
In this tutorial, we are going to look at how to install Cyanogen OS 13 manually via the recovery. So make sure you backup all your important data like contacts, SMS, call logs etc. You don’t need to worry about the data in your internal memory as in this process your data partition will be untouched.
- Cyanogen OS 13.0.1 (6.0.1) Zip file cm-13.0-ZNH0EAS2JK-bacon-signed-e7fe1f7ac5.zip
- SuperSU Zip file
- OPO ToolBox (to install TWRP)
A. To install TWRP
If you wanna root your phone alongside installing of Cyanogen OS 13 then you need TWRP custom recovery.
- Download the OPO ToolBox.
- Power off your phone. Press and hold the Volume UP + Power button and it will take you to fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB and let it install the drivers.
- Now, open the OPO ToolBox and simple choose the TWRP recovery from the drop-down menu and click on flash. That’s it!
B. To Flash Cyanogen OS 13
You can use either Stock Recovery or TWRP to flash the zip file.
- First, copy the Cyanogen OS 13 zip file to the internal storage of the phone.
- Power off your phone.
- Now press and hold the Power button + Volume down button, when you the OnePlus logo release the power button and keep holding the Volume button until you reach into TWRP.
- Now go to Wipe and swipe to factory reset.
- Next, go to Install and select your zip file and then swipe to install it.
- Wait for it to finish the process and then reboot your phone.
- Wait until phone completes the boot then setup your phone.
C. To Root Cyanogen OS 13
For this process you having TWRP recovery is mandatory. Make sure you boot your phone or twice before proceeding.
- Move the SuperSU zip file to the internal storage of the phone.
- Reboot into recover the same way as you did before.
- Go to Install and now flash the SuperSU zip file.
- Reboot your phone. It might go into boot loop for a while but don’t interrupt the process.
- Once your phone boots, your phone now have SuperSU app and your phone is rooted.
If you find any difficulty while following the procedure you can watch the video for more clarification and detail. For any quires feel free to comment below or comment in the